Agile Manager (m/f/x)
Location: Dornbirn, Berlin, remote
Part-time employment possible
At Crate.io our mission is to empower people in every organization to make better decisions in real-time by harnessing the data generated through machinery and sensors. We have a unique capability in facilitating the ingestion and analysis of industrial scale machine data unlocking the bottlenecks associated with legacy technologies and helping companies to reduce risk and increase the efficiency of their operations.
CrateDB is an Industrial IOT database technology for enterprise manufacturing and industrial organisations needing to scale the use of machine data to enable advanced real-time analytics and insights. The market's most advanced distributed SQL database, CrateDB’s technical architecture unlocks unlimited scale and speed, at a cost previously unachievable and is the only technology capable of simultaneously processing complex sensor/metadata in real time.
We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin and San Francisco.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your facilitating our agile process. Together with the Domainleads and CTO you shape the work and people culture. Our aspiration is to create the best environment for people to work.
You will report to Johannes our Head of Product, Process & People.
- Our product focussed teams use individual agile working styles (Scrum, Shape up, Kanban) to ship the product they develop. It is your responsibility to guide and enable our product teams regarding agile methodologies. You recognize when they need a hand and when to let them resolve their situation on their own. You enable them to get their work done.
- You check in regularly with the teams to assess the agile maturity with the objective to bring them to higher levels on a comfortable and sustainable pace.
- You handle impediments yourselves or coordinate them with the teams on a daily basis.
- As a servant leader you not only serve our agile team organization to become self organized. You also develop our safe, async, remote working environment, working closely together with the BIzOps department. Together you will leveling it up to new standards.
- As a moderator and a facilitator that is also responsible for shaping the culture you are the interface to other departments and part of projects. Examples of previous projects: Company all-hands offsite, HR support, new employee onboarding experience, company retrospectives.
- As a curator you align and execute the issues identified and raised in the engineering leadership team.
- You swore the “Oath of Non-Allegiance” - Meaning you’re open to work with different agile styles - and develop them further.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Experience as a Scrum Master / Agile Coach for technical projects that involve engineering for at least a year. You have worked with one or more teams at the same time. Ideally even with distributed / remote teams.
- Profound knowledge about widely successful agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, ScrumBan).
- Good skills of servant leadership, coaching, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement alongside with empathy.
- You come along with a great understanding of how organizations work. You are familiar with approaches like systemic leadership, coaching, sociocracy 3.0 or holacracy.
- Your sense for people enables you to connect to the employees, recognize what is going on in the teams even though you are not a constant part of one.
- You work open and transparent with your head, heart and hands.
- Willingness to try new things, learn, adapt
NICE TO HAVE
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Working with GitHub
- You have worked before in a remote (friendly) company.
- Having worked in teams that build products.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.