Client Project Director - IoT Platform (m/f/x)
Location: Austria, Germany, Switzerland - preferred: Dornbirn, Munich or Zurich regions
Position: Full-time employment
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud such as Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premise.
In addition to the CrateDB, we are developing a leading edge IOT Platform to enable Smart manufacturing and Industry 4.0 initiatives with our customers globally. The solution is live today with the first lighthouse customer and expected to commercially launch later this year.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company in the IOT space, both Forbes and Gartner have recognized us as cutting edge. The company is well funded with $10M+ of fresh capital we raised in our latest financing round this year. We are gearing up for hyper-growth with current offices in the USA, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced technical Client Project Director (m/f/x) to actively manage our client projects developing and deploying the brand-new IOT platform powered by CrateDB database in the discrete manufacturing segment. In this role, you will o lead development teams to successfully implement and roll out the solution. You will be the day-to-day project director for the lighthouse customer deployment; the customer is headquartered in Vorarlberg, Austria. In addition, you will manage new customer pilot projects as well as provide smaller SME (subject matter expert) teams to technical system integrators to train those SI’s and deploy the solution hand-in-hand for new customers.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Act as day-to-day project leader for our lighthouse customer implementation responsible for overall Delivery and Account Management services.
- Ensure successful implementation and roll-out of the Crate IoT Platform to >150 plants globally using your advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Main close and lasting customer relationships at the stakeholder level (both technical and business)
- Engage closely with our customer to design, develop, and obtain sign-off for a customized implementation plan
- Collaborate closely with the customer’s rollout team(s) and central departments like IT, Manufacturing Operations and others to align and deliver the rollout successfully
- Own project governance, provide quality control and develop mitigation strategies for project risks
- Manage project scope, roadmap, budget, resources, operational reporting (status, consumption of technologies and resources), quality of execution and customer billing
- Manage and organize customer releases and acceptance tests
- Support sales and pre-sales efforts (while balancing against customer responsibilities) through creating sales presentations and proposals for pilots and solution projects, and presenting to potential customers as an expert on the solution
- Manage additional strategic customer pilots and projects (delivered through system integrator partners)
- Provide input and learnings to the product development team delivering the platform product
- Coach and mentor project managers in the team and support in improving best practices for project management
- Inspire and align your project team to achieve project goals while providing coaching and monitoring to guide and improve the work of the team
- 8+ years of progressive consulting end-to-end project management experience, including experience working with external clients
- Budget management of $2M+
- Team management of 15+ (direct or indirect)
- Manufacturing, IoT or Automation segment knowledge preferred
- Must have project management/engagement management experience for custom application development projects using modern technology stack; on-prem and SaaS
- Experience with traditional and agile delivery methodologies (incl. story points)
- Ability to facilitate problem resolution within all levels of an organization and across organizations
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and German
- Basic knowledge of programming skills (SQL, Python, HTML) a plus
- University degree in one of the MINT subjects or business studies with strong focus on IT
- Willingness to travel internationally (up to 20%), very limited travel in 2021
WHAT WE OFFER
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity