Head of Finance (m/f/x)
Location: Dornbirn, Berlin, Munich, Vienna
At Crate.io our mission is to empower people in every organization to make better decisions in real-time by harnessing the data generated through machinery and sensors. We have a unique capability in facilitating the ingestion and analysis of industrial scale machine data unlocking the bottlenecks associated with legacy technologies and helping companies to reduce risk and increase the efficiency of their operations.
CrateDB is an Industrial IOT database technology for enterprise manufacturing and industrial organisations needing to scale the use of machine data to enable advanced real-time analytics and insights. The market's most advanced distributed SQL database, CrateDB’s technical architecture unlocks unlimited scale and speed, at a cost previously unachievable and is the only technology capable of simultaneously processing complex sensor/metadata in real time.
We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin and San Francisco.
Crate.io is looking for a Head of Finance to oversee and execute the company's financial operations. Reporting to the CEO, the right candidate will bring best practices and solid hands-on skills in accounting operations, financial management and analysis. We are looking for someone who is comfortable in a scaling startup environment and will work with our leadership team to drive results.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Manage all financial operations of the company
- Manage budgeting and planning, forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting; own the financial model and rebuild it as necessary
- Oversee the company’s accounting function, including revenue management, payables, receivables and collections, capital management, and taxes
- Provide required documentation for reporting to the Board of Directors and Investors regarding the company’s financial performance and operations
- Direct annual budget creation and re-forecasting activities throughout the year
- Own standard financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L, and statement of cash flows, including preparation for board meetings for the consolidated entities of USA, AT, DE
- Support CEO to execute corporate finance activities, including venture capital fundraising
- Be a key promoter of using data to drive decisions; support and enable reporting, distribution of data, and analysis of key business metrics
- Manage relationships with company’s accounting, finance, banking, and insurance vendors
- Partner with external auditors on financial audits and internal controls review
- Review and approve contracts from a financial perspective
- Going forward build out a dedicated Finance team as the company grows rapidly after the next round of financing
WHO YOU ARE
- We’re looking for an entrepreneurial candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to roll up their sleeves and join a fast moving, collaborative team.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis; ideal candidate will also have experience in accounting
- Experience in creating and managing a complex financial model/budget
- Working knowledge of Software & SaaS company financial metrics, with experience in the field
- Experience leading a rapidly scaling startup or technology organization through different stages of a company lifecycle (Series B, growth stage)
- Ability to address Board questions as they arise and to present the company’s financial operations in due diligence situations
- Ideal candidate has experience in venture-backed startups, M&A, or other high-growth, entrepreneurial environments
- Experience and proficiency in SaaS accounting, billing and analysis systems (e.g. Quickbooks, Salesforce etc.)
- MBA, CFA and/or CPA preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.