At Crate.io our mission is to empower people in every organization to make better decisions in real-time by harnessing the data generated through machinery and sensors. We have a unique capability in facilitating the ingestion and analysis of industrial scale machine data unlocking the bottlenecks associated with legacy technologies and helping companies to reduce risk and increase the efficiency of their operations.
CrateDB is an Industrial IOT database technology for enterprise manufacturing and industrial organisations needing to scale the use of machine data to enable advanced real-time analytics and insights. The market's most advanced distributed SQL database, CrateDB’s technical architecture unlocks unlimited scale and speed, at a cost previously unachievable and is the only technology capable of simultaneously processing complex sensor/metadata in real time.
We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin and San Francisco.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Inside Sales role requires a technically savvy person to work within our sales organisation to expand our customer base across the EMEA region. You will contribute to revenue and market share growth of the CrateDB business by assisting the sales team and generating new leads. Reporting to the Head of Sales EMEA, you will be involved throughout the sales process identifying targets, contacting prospects and creating opportunities.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Meet new like-minded people with international backgrounds
- Benefit from a welcoming and supportive working climate
- Be part of awesome team events and smaller activities with your local team
- A result-driven environment that allows you to reach your full potential
- Considerable flexibility in all organisational matters
- Great work experience in a renowned and established IT startup
- Support a board variety of administrative tasks for the Sales Team, including: managing our sales tool Salesforce, completing reports and composing correspondence
- Prepare and update presentations
- Focus on outreach to potential customers using your hunter skills and adopting the right mix of facilitating technologies (LinkedIn/Telephone/Email/Sales automation, etc.)
- Engage proactively with a business development mindset, uncovering customer business pains and technical issues
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Fluent in German and English
- Working within a startup environment and knowledge of IOTdata systems is a bonus
- Good Communicator - effective experience via phone, email and social platforms
- Collaborative - able to work cohesively with members of sales, marketing, engineering and other teams as required
- Technical - an understanding of database and analytical software and how they are applied to solve business challenges
WHAT WE OFFER
- Market-based compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.