Inside Sales Representative
Location: Munich (Germany)
(valued work permit for European Union required)
At Crate.io our mission is to empower people in every organization to make better decisions in real-time by harnessing the data generated through machinery and sensors. We have a unique capability in facilitating the ingestion and analysis of industrial scale machine data unlocking the bottlenecks associated with legacy technologies and helping companies to reduce risk and increase the efficiency of their operations.
CrateDB is an Industrial IOT database technology for enterprise manufacturing and industrial organisations needing to scale the use of machine data to enable advanced real-time analytics and insights. The market's most advanced distributed SQL database, CrateDB’s technical architecture unlocks unlimited scale and speed, at a cost previously unachievable and is the only technology capable of simultaneously processing complex sensor/metadata in real time.
We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin, Munich and San Francisco.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Inside Sales role requires a technically savvy sales professional to work within our sales organisation to expand our customer base across the EMEA region. This person will contribute to revenue and market share growth of the CrateDB business by hunting for new business across the Manufacturing, Automotive and Industrial Automation sectors.
You will help to identify projects within each organisations Digital Transformation journey where CrateDB can help to leverage the power of industrial scale machine data analysis.
Reporting to the Head of Sales EMEA, you will be involved throughout the sales process identifying targets, contacting prospects and creating opportunities.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Meet new like-minded people with international backgrounds
- Benefit from a welcoming and supportive working climate
- Be part of awesome team events and smaller activities with your local team
- A result-driven environment that allows you to reach your full potential
- Considerable flexibility in all organisational matters
- Great work experience in a renowned and established IT startup
- You will drive Pipeline building and close revenue against set targets through daily and weekly outbound activity including cold calls, email and social campaigns.
- You will play the role of door opener to discover new projects and pain points across the identified sectors. You will work closely in collaboration with the technical pre-sales team to qualify and create new business opportunities.
- You will focus on proactive outreach using your hunter skills and adopting the right mix of facilitating technologies (LinkedIn/Telephone/Email/Sales automation, etc.)
- You will engage proactively with a business development mindset, uncovering customer business pains and technical issues. You will also need a self-starter spirit being a front runner for uncovering new opportunities in the region.
The ideal candidate is an energetic outbound sales person with a ‘never give up’ attitude and will have previous experience in customer facing sales roles with a proven track record of achievement against Target.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience. 3+ years of related experience in outbound sales in the software industry. Working within a startup environment and knowledge of IOTdata systems is a bonus.
- Energetic Performer. Highly driven person, self-starter with a business development and challenger mindset who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organisational, presentation, written and verbal communication skills required. Effective experience via phone, email and social platforms.
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with members of sales, marketing, engineering and other teams as required.
- Technical. Broad understanding of database and analytical software and how they are applied to solve business challenges.
- Technical Skills. Good working experience in Google stack (Drive/Docs, etc.), Salesforce and Trello.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business/Technology focused field or relevant similar work experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.