Presales Engineer (m/f/x)
Location: Austria, Germany, Switzerland (Preferred: Vienna, Dornbirn, Berlin, Munich, Zurich, rest of Europe possible)
Position: Full-time employment
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud on Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and Angel funded global technology company gearing up for hyper-growth with offices in the US, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. We are looking for a Presales Engineer(m/f/x).
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Crate.io the Presales Engineer has expertise in technical solutions. We offer the opportunity to not only focus on winning the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. You will technically advise on products, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the power of industrial scale data analysis with Crate.io technology.
The Presales Engineer explains, demonstrates & proves the capabilities of our solutions and works with customers directly. Crate.io creates, markets and sells a technical product making your role essential in the success of the company. The ideal candidate is customer obsessed, energetic and likes both fun and success.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Create demonstrable business impact to Crate's sales growth
- Work closely with Engineering and rest of the Sales team
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with "Craties" from diverse backgrounds
- Work closely with the Crate.io Sales team to drive revenue
- Own the sales cycle from a technical perspective
- Assess and determine the technical fit of Crate.io's products to the customer's needs
- Lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions as well as assist proof of concepts, and pilots
- Directly interact with engineering as the voice of the customer and community to communicate needs, gaps, and enhancements
- An obsession with learning is required. We are constantly discovering how we can help customers in different ways. Creative troubleshooting of issues that require solutions or innovative workarounds
- Share practical knowledge with partners to drive the adoption of Crate.io solutions
WHO YOU ARE
- A track record of success in a technical sales role or consulting
- Excellent presentations skills (verbal & written)
- Customer facing experience with IT solutions (cloud, database, analytics preferred)
- Understanding of Big Data Solutions, NoSQL (Elasticsearch/Mongo/Cassandra or similar) and relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, generic SQL, JDBC)
- Fluent knowledge of English and German
- Open to 25-50% travelling
- Bachelor’s level degree in Engineering or Computer Science or relevant experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.