Product Manager (m/f/x)
Location: Austria, Germany, Switzerland - preferred: Vienna, Dornbirn, Berlin, rest of Europe (remote)
Position: Full-time employment
Crate.io are the developers of CrateDB, a global multi-model database, that enables companies to access data insights at scale. The flexible, distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Optimized for large data volumes with high compute and data versatility requirements, CrateDB runs in the cloud, on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company, recognized as cutting edge by both Forbes and Gartner. We are gearing up for hyper-growth, with offices in the US, Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
We are looking for an experienced technical Product Manager to further develop and shape our open source database CrateDB. In this position you will work closely with our founding engineers on the core of our product. Together with our ambitious engineering team we expect you to become a database expert, driving our database strategy by deeply understanding the areas where we help our community and our customers.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Benefit from a welcoming and supportive working climate
- Be part of an open collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- You are responsible for the value, feasibility, and viability of CrateDB
- Help our community and customers achieve their business goals by building and maintaining CrateDB’s roadmap and backlog
- Actively manage internal and external stakeholders including our open source community
- Collaborate with the VP Product and other Product Managers on the overall product strategy and align on strategic initiatives and cross-team activities
- Drive product discovery for CrateDB and stay up to date about latest technology and market trends
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing and our customer facing teams to properly plan and execute go-to-market activities
- Take care and drive user documentation for CrateDB
- Act as a product evangelist both inside and outside the company
- 5+ years experience as product manager in a fast-paced and technical software environment
- Significant experience in the database or related field (e.g. data processing, streaming) in an engineering or product management position
- Experience with SaaS, web technologies, open source and GTM
- Deep technical understanding in software engineering
- The ability to establish and grow relationships both inside and outside the company
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, well organized and analytical
- Open-source contributions (issue reports, documentation or code changes, etc.) appreciated (please send us your Github etc. account details) a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g., financial allowances for public transportation, fitness, and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Winner of the 2021 IoT Evolution: Industrial IoT Product of the Year Award)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.