Developer Advocate (m/f/x)
Location: Austria, Germany, Switzerland - preferred: Vienna, Dornbirn, Berlin, rest of Europe also possible (remote)
Position: Full-time employment
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud such as Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premises.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company in the IoT space, both Forbes and Gartner have recognized us as cutting edge. The company is well funded with $9M+ of fresh capital we raised in our latest financing round this year. We are gearing up for hyper-growth with current offices in the USA, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are looking for a Developer Advocate (m/f/x) to position Crate.io with developers globally and grow an active community where developers can learn about, try out, adopt CrateDB and provide feedback to our product teams.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will lead the company’s developer engagement, to help, inspire, educate, and grow the CrateDB developer community, as well as systematically collect relevant product feedback from the community to improve Crate’s product development. This role is a combination of developer evangelism and developer marketing.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
- Build a developer engagement strategy to aggressively grow Crate’s global developer community and ensure high levels of satisfaction among that audience.
- Identify lead users and early adopters and integrate them in the development process
- Actively engage and interact with the developer community at the technical level
- Collect structured community feedback for efficient use of Crate’s product development and management team
- Create technical and educational content and work with Crate developer evangelists to share expertise and know-how with the developer community
- Understand developer audience’s needs, where developers go (events, third party sites, meetups etc) and create developer engagement opportunities
- Support digital marketing with technical and educational content for a developer resource center, including blog posts, whitepapers, videos and presentations
- Determine industry events for Crate evangelists to speak to developers globally (in person or virtual) who are interested in using CrateDB
- Actively seek speaking opportunities and represent the technology
- Identify third party websites, including open source sites and find paths to encourage trial downloads of CrateDB
- Engage with our partners to leverage their developer communities and programs and include CrateDB
- Work with Crate developer evangelists, encourage engagement with community members for knowledge sharing and best practice on user stories
- Capture developer stories from Crate customers and share peer-to-peer among the community
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of relevant experience in developer relations, as product advocate, evangelist or as product manager, ideally in high-growth technology companies
- Technical background in computer science and / or engineering
- Experience in application development, databases and or machine data a strong plus
- Enjoys to test and explore new technology, outgoing personality
- Proven track record for building and growing a developer community
- Passionate about technology and communicating that to a technical audience
- Proficient in creating technical content and inspiring internal subject matter experts for developer audience programs
- Excellent networking, engagement and relationship building skills
- Experienced in presenting and speaking to small and large audiences
- Versed engaging in technical channels as well as social media
- Developer Marketing experience a strong plus
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with a fluency in English a must, German beneficial
- Agile and experimental, bringing new ideas and moving fast to hit goals
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g., financial allowances for public transportation, fitness, and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.