Fullstack Software Engineer (m/f/x)
Location: Austria, Germany, Switzerland - preferred Vienna, Dornbirn, Berlin, rest of Europe also possible (remote)
Position: Fulltime employment
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud on Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company in the IOT space, both Forbes and Gartner have recognized us as cutting edge. The company is well funded with $9M+ of fresh capital we raised in our latest financing round. We are gearing up for hyper-growth with offices in the USA, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- The ability to develop a high performing Product function and be instrumental in the future roadmap and direction of CrateDB and its Ecosystem
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Work on new features for the CrateDB Cloud Console and CLI
- Improve, maintain and operate the current CrateDB Cloud SaaS product
- Write frontend (React) and/or backend (Python, Flask) code
- Work on and maintain Open Source projects like the CrateDB Kubernetes Operator
- Proven experience as a backend engineer or similar role (3 years+)
- Comprehensive understanding of service architecture and distributed systems
- Craftsmanship to continuously improve and take over responsibility for existing code bases.
- Good knowledge of Python and experience in working with web application frameworks like Flask
- Experience with test driven development
- Fluent English
- DevOps experience in containerized environments (K8s, Docker)
- Experience with modern web frontend technologies like React
- Open Source contributions
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g., financial allowances for public transportation, fitness, and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.