Head of Sales (m/f/x)
Location:Austria, Germany, Switzerland - preferred: Vienna, Dornbirn, Berlin, rest of Europe also possible (remote)
Position: fulltime employment
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud on Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company in the IOT space, both Forbes and Gartner have recognized us as cutting edge. The company is well funded with $10M+ of fresh capital we raised in our latest financing round this year. We are gearing up for hyper-growth with offices in the USA, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Sales (m/f/x) in deep tech database/SaaS industry who can drive, scale and manage teams that sell a range of products/solutions in a large, successful and rapidly growing organization.
You will be a 'hands-on' leader with a proven track record in growing high-performing sales teams that deliver results based on superior sales execution. The role will directly report to the CEO and has the responsibility for all sales and channel related activities. A special emphasis of this role will be on lead generation of net new opportunities & logos via direct and indirect channels, pipeline management, and successful closure of both “everyday” as well as global enterprise level deals.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Provide leadership to your team and grow aligned with the business needs
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Collaborate deeply with C-level peers in sales, customer and partner success, and marketing
- Interact closely with Crate’s key customers, partners, and database users
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Drive a proper sales motion, implement, and track rock-solid sales operations
- Actively manage lead pipeline and campaigns in order to meet goals and objectives
- Set sales goals and guide subsequent goal-setting processes
- Keep and drive a relatively high number of leads without “dropping the ball”
- Prepare budgets and revenue forecasts
- Hire, train, develop and manage top talent in a way that consistently achieves ARR and bookings targets
- Actively collaborate with Marketing on go-to-market strategy, messaging, and demand generation to continuously build and manage pipeline for new name prospects.
- Partner with finance, product management and product marketing on pricing strategies and business models to achieve revenue goals.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 10+ years of experience in a fast-paced, high-growth SaaS software environment
- Must have built and led high-performing SaaS sales teams that deliver consistent over-achievement, ideally in enterprise /infrastructure offerings
- Growth/Scale-up start-up experience, taking a business from e.g. $ 3-4M to $ 10-20M in ARR
- Understands the shift that happened through the rise dev ops and open-source and how this impacts sales and growth strategies
- Provides excellent leadership and ensures targets and vision are always clear
- Drives a result- and performance oriented and highly self-reflective team culture
- Entrepreneurial and growth-oriented personality: is fascinated by shaping established markets with new products
- Innovation-driven, curious and open to change, with a strong creative drive
- Must be a passionate, articulate, persuasive communicator and active listener
- Business-level proficiency in English, German skills preferred
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity