Partnership Sales Manager (m/f/x)
Location: Austria, Germany, Switzerland (Preferred: Vienna, Dornbirn, Berlin, Munich, Zurich, rest of Europe possible)
Position: fulltime employment
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud on Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and Angel funded global technology company gearing up for hyper-growth with offices in the USA, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Partnership Sales Manager (m/f/x) who can recruit appropriate global technology partners such as in the analytics and visualization segments or IOT platforms, close partnership deals (OEM, embedded, or straight ISV technology ones), and then aggressively drive and grow revenues with and through those partnerships.
The role will report to the head of Sales and Partners.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- The ability to work with leading edge software, IOT platform, and operational technology partners
- Develop and foster c-level relations with your partners
- Join a leading VC funded deep tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Create demonstrable business impact to Crate’s sales growth
- Deep collaboration with peers in sales, customer and partner success, and R&D
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
- Responsible for all business aspects of a defined portfolio of partner and channel relationships with a primary focus on sales revenue and lead generation. The role balances partner relationship management and sales generation with strong focus on sales generation. The key KPI for the role is CrateDB revenues through the channel.
- Identify relevant, select global technology partners and recruit those to the Crate ecosystem
- Close the partnerships (mostly) via global embedded or OEM license agreements
- Aggressively generate revenues with/through the partners via best practices and efficient use of Company’s partner enablement resources, and ensuring appropriate training and support.
- Communicate with partners about new products and service offerings
- Work with marketing to drive programs and events through the channel
- Work collaboratively to define and execute partners’ sales plans
- Demonstrate industry knowledge, keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars, and events
- Collaborate with peers in the sales and partner team to share leading practices
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years related experience in a high tech company managing a portfolio of OEM, channel or technology partners
- Evidence of having attained and exceeded goals and quotas in previous positions
- Experience in the database market or IOT solutions beneficial
- Knowledgeable about channel sales initiatives and partner engagement best practices
- Knowledge of marketing and sales processes
- Self-motivated and innovative, possessing the ability to motivate and influence partners
- Strong capacity to build relationships at both executive and operational levels
- Superior verbal and written communications skills in English a must; German language skills beneficial
- Persistently demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to consistently drive and deliver outstanding results
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.