Product Owner (m/f/x)
Location: Remote (CET timezone preferred). Offices in Berlin, Vienna and Dornbirn
Position: fulltime employment
Crate.io are the developers of CrateDB, a global multi-model database, that enables companies to access data insights at scale. The flexible, distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Optimized for large data volumes with high compute and data versatility requirements, CrateDB runs in the cloud, on the edge and on-premise.
In November 2021, Crate.io launched CrateOM, a smart solution for operational processes that turns device data into actionable insights. CrateOM enables digital transformation through real-time insights and in-app communications.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company, recognized as cutting edge by both Forbes and Gartner. Crate.io is well funded with $14M+ capital raised in our latest financing round in 2021. We are gearing up for hyper-growth, with offices in the US, Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
ABOUT THE ROLE
For our new Product CrateOM we are looking for a passionate Product Owner with experience in software delivery. You are a team player who loves to work in an open collaborative environment.
You focus not only on product development but also on delivery to customers. You will support our distributed teams developing our CrateOM solution. In this role you are part of a flat hierarchized and empowered product management team.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- The ability to develop a leading-edge product and be instrumental in the future roadmap and direction of CrateOM
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Close interaction with Crate’s key customers, partners, and users
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- You are responsible that product discovery and development is centered around the customer and closely aligned with the business stakeholders. This includes user research, documentation, translating business requirements to user stories and acceptance criteria, story estimation and prioritization based on clear business impact and effort estimations
- Build backlog of prioritized product together with cross-functional teams incl Engineering, QA and UX
- Participates in project planning, reviews, sprint and release planning, demos
- Deliver our smart manufacturing solution to our lighthouse customer in alignment with the company productization strategy and drive forward feature sets, outcome and customer satisfaction as a member of the Product team
- Pairing with the other members of the product management to balance, prioritize and manage the product backlog of the CrateOM productization strategy and the related customer projects
- Monitors team velocity and seeks to continuously improve product development process with support from our Agile Coach
- You will support our distributed scrum teams in the entire software development process
- Professional (3 yr+) experience as a Product Owner
- Customer facing experience in (agile) project management, consulting or related function
- Basic knowledge in UX and Web/Mobile App development
- Interested in working on a complex multi-faceted software solution
- Experience with agile methodologies and distributed teams
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent knowledge of English
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a full-remote, distributed team.
- A variety of perks (e.g., financial allowances for public transportation, fitness, and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Winner of the 2021 IoT Evolution: Industrial IoT Product of the Year Award)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity