Sales Operations Manager (m/f/x)
Location: DACH; Berlin, Vienna, Dornbirn, Zurich areas or remote in Europe
Position: Full-time employment
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud on Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company in the IOT space, both Forbes and Gartner have recognized us as cutting edge. The company is well funded with $10M+ of fresh capital we raised in our latest financing round this year. We are gearing up for hyper-growth with offices in the USA, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the sales process, collecting and evaluating sales information and using that data to maximize sales productivity. This position is also responsible for efficient and effective use of the sales infrastructure to ensure successful prospect and client engagements and day-to-day activities of the Sales representatives are as automated as possible.
Optimization of our sales process, resources and CRM will be a key aspect, as well as to the coordination of training for sales team members during onboarding and development phases, new launches or system changes. Most importantly, you’ll be responsible for tracking and analyzing sales data to improve forecasts, provide valuable insights and performance recommendations to key stakeholders.
The role reports directly to the Head of Sales, you will be managing a sales operations specialist.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Support analyzing and defining the sales process with all relevant stages, identify pitfalls and address them with adequate procedures
- Manage and optimize our CRM (Salesforce or HubSpot) for a growing sales organization, implement new processes and tools as required to support prospect lifecycle management and all subsequent sales stages
- Coordinate sales training on product updates or basic enablement
Analysis and insights:
- Build dashboards to track, manage, and provide insights on KPIs
- Be in charge of all relevant sales reporting for the board and executive management as a baseline for decision making
- Generate Forecasts and Budgets at Regional/vertical level
- Provide critical insights, help guiding our strategy and execute on a diverse range of initiatives including growth potential, sales strategy and planning
- Support the Sales team on strategic planning, sales strategy, and special projects
- Manage internal resource center for the sales organization including contract management and approvals, HR-related activities such as headcount planning and actions, and managing variable compensation processes.
- Work with finance on all Account Executive quarterly compensation
- Define territories for Account Executives
- Support the monthly goal-ing and sales incentive process
- Improve forecasting model for all sales regions/verticals
- Has oversight of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods and technologies that improve Sales individuals performance
- 4+ years in a sales operations role supporting 15+ AE’s
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce or Hubspot CRM, workflows, reports, and integrations
- Thorough understanding of the sales process and potential pitfalls
- Strong analytical skills, experience to work with tools like vlookups, pivot tables, PowerBI, SQL, etc
- Track record with customer acquisition, growth strategies, and operations of a SAAS company
- 1+ years of management experience beneficial
- Ability to multitask, solve problems and work well in groups
- Strong communication skills; native or fluent English speaker, German beneficial
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution with a major in Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g., financial allowances for public transportation, fitness, and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Winner of the 2021 IoT Evolution: Industrial IoT Product of the Year Award)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.